eHealth Centers leverage cloud-based IT and data-sharing systems to deliver 21st century healthcare services and medical diagnostics to people in remote, resource-poor locations.
- 75% of India’s healthcare infrastructure and resources are concentrated in urban populations where only 27% of the population lives.
- 89% of rural Indian patients travel more than 8 km to access basic medical services, and the rest travel even farther.
- Existing health clinics often lack high-quality medical care.
- Provide 21st century healthcare services to patients in rural India by utilizing innovative technologies and solutions to create access for remote locations.
- In partnership with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and other public, private, and nonprofit organizations, eHealth Centers provide quality healthcare services to people in remote, resource-poor locations in India.
- Used shipping containers transform into cloud-enabled mobile clinics that integrate technology solutions, including workstations, software, and networking.
- The first five eHealth Centers in India have received more than 35,000 patient visits.
Human Progress: Provides access to high-quality medical care to rural India, where people lack access to such provisions—enabling early intervention and treatment of common health problems without traveling great distances.
Economic Progress: Healthier people lead more productive lives, participate in their local and global economies, and develop innovative ideas to help address community problems.